Saturday, May 18, 2013

Been There, Done That

As I look back on my time in London, I thought it'd be fun to list everything I did and saw in my four-month home.  Yes, everything-- museums, attractions, pubs, bars and restaurants.

So here's my list!  Four months in London, and I've got this to show for it:)  I would try to distinguish my favorite attractions, but honestly I've loved them all, so that'd be pointless.  I'd recommend nearly everything on this list.  


Museums
Museum of London
Museum of London- Docklands
Victoria and Albert Museum
British Museum
National Gallery
National Portrait Gallery
Natural History Museum
Museum of Brands, Packaging and Advertising
Churchill War Rooms

Other Attractions
Westminster Abbey
Tower of London, including seeing the Crown Jewels
Houses of Parliament
Courts of Wimbledon
Evensong at St. Paul’s Cathedral
Seeing Margaret Thatcher’s corpse in the Chapel of St. Mary Undercroft
Prime Minister’s Questions
Big Ben Bell Tower Tour
Westminster Cathedral
Kensington Symphony Orchestra on the South Bank
Trafalgar Square
Mass at Brompton Oratory
Camden Market
Spitalfields Market
South Bank Market
Regents Park
Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre
Hyde Park
One Republic concert at the O2 arena
St. James’ Park
Institute Francais Cinema
Changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace
Changing of the horse guard
Afternoon tea at Kensington Palace
Musicals- Les Miserables (Queen’s Theatre) and Jersey Boys (Prince Edward Theatre)
Notting Hill
Shopping on Oxford Street
Stonehenge
Borough Market
Liverpool Street Tour
Bath, England
Oxford, England
Harrods
Platform 9 ¾ at Kings Cross Station
Cruise on the River Thames

Pubs
The Wellington
Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese
Punch and Judy’s
King George Inn
The Harp
The Windmill
Knight’s Templar
Ye Olde London
The Willow Walk
Ye Olde Cock Tavern
The Thirsty Bear
Princess Louise
The Chandos Opera Room
Hole in the Wall
White Heart

Bars/Clubs
The Monarch
Los Locos
Walkabout
Gordon’s Wine Bar
The Prop Store
O’Neills
Blues Kitchen
Wheelbarrow
KOKO
Adventure Bar
Zoo Bar
Piccadilly Institute
The Shoreditch
Cargo
Floripa
Roxy
Porterhouse
Ain’t Nothing But
Sports Café

Restaurants
Giraffe
Wahaca
Bar Boloud
Brasserie Blanc
Zizzi
Made in Italy
The Diner
The Bank of England
The Table Café
Las Iguanas
Azzurro

So that's what I've got.  Considering I balanced international travels, an internship, five classes and a limited budget, I am so proud of all I accomplished in London.  If you ever find yourself headed to Britain, please let me know and I can make some recommendations for you:)

Cheers,
C

1 comment:

  1. Nice recap! You accomplished a great deal in a short amount of time (a trait shared by everyone in your family.) Thanks for sharing your journey with us. Have a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete